Learn how to effectively produce a wide range of documents: job cv’s, letters, books, reports, newsletters, brochures, theses, templates and other documents.
We will teach you how to produce great looking presentations for work, school, or personal use and all the tips you need to know to present your document in an effective way.
Learn to use spreadsheets for capturing, manipulating and displaying data and extracting meaningful conclusions.
We will achieve all this by using LibreOffice, a free, fully-featured office productivity suite, equivalent to Microsoft Office.
It Includes several applications to simplify tasks in an office working environment (creation of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases).
In this course you will learn all you need to know to use LibreOffice to full advantage!
Going through the different components of LibreOffice and a series of how-to guides, you will practise the key skills and best practices that professionals use in an office automated environment.
Writer, the word-processor.
- Learn how to use Writer to produce great and professionally looking documents: letters, books, reports, newsletters, brochures, resume, thesis, templates and other documents.
- A feature-rich tool for creating letters, books, reports, newsletters, brochures, and other documents.
- Understand the Writer interface and how to use it and customise it to your liking.
- Learn how to use extensive styles and templates that can make you more productive and achieve better results in lesser time. Format characters, paragraphs, sections, work with images, frames or even sound on your documents.
- Learn how to use tools and extensions available that will make your life easier.
- Add automation in order to gain full control over your templates and complex documents.
Calc, the spreadsheet application
Spreadsheets are used for capturing, displaying, and manipulating data arranged in rows and columns.
- Learn how to use Calc to produce great looking documents: budgets, collections, complex spreadsheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions; use good practice in formula creation; recognise error values in formulas.
- Learn fast input, formulas and tools that will make you more productive and achieve better results in lesser time.
- Learn how to use Calc to arrange and manipulate data and feed it to other programs.
Impress, the presentation application
A tool to create presentations and slideshows
- Provides all the common multimedia presentation tools, such as special effects and animation
- Learn how to use Impress to produce great looking presentations for work, school, or personal use.
- Learn all the tips you need to know to present your document in an effective way.
- Quickly create effective decks that will support a keynote.
- Use Impress to full power while delivering a speech.
- Format objects and create complex documents in case you use Impress to create documents on slides.
Base, the database application
Database applications are software programs designed to collect, manage and disseminate information efficiently.
- Create and edit simple database applications, such us customer contact and mailing lists, books library, etc.
- Learn how to manage simple database applications.
Draw, the vector graphics application
Vector graphics is the use of polygons to represent images in computer graphics.
- Produce everything from simple diagrams or flowcharts to 3D artwork.
Math, the formula editor application
Math is a formula or equation editor.
- Use math to create complex math equations.
- Learn how to use formulas in other documents, or use math as a standalone tool.